Monday, September 26, 2011

Why I create.......


" I don't want to simply paint a pretty picture. I want to create something that stirs at the very least a glimmer of thought, 
a wavelength in your mind that has never once broadcast. I want to make you feel, to contemplate your very existence. To shake 
free the bonds of societies slavery and leap forward into a freedom you have never known, the freedom of being you. I don't want 
you to see color and shapes but emotions and experiences. I want to tell you something. I want you to hear it, with your eyes. 
I want my art to be more than something interesting or that would look good on your wall. I want more than to paint a pretty picture. 
I want it to end racism. I want it to end war. I want it to end ignorance. I want it to spark a passion for peace. I want to do more 
than change a blank canvas into a pretty picture, I want it to change nations......."


"Leaving the Abyss" A story of my battle fighting terminal illness,  emptiness, loneliness and darkness only to fight my way back from the depths and into the light. The light of awareness and inspiration and love. 





No comments:

Post a Comment